You may find that when you try to install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on PC you receive a message that says:
Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?
To continue type an administrator password
This means the account you are currently using does not have permission to install software. If the computer is owned by someone else, or it is a work computer please ask the owner or IT department to install the software, or to give you permission to do so.
Otherwise, if the computer is yours you can change your account to give it permission to install software, this is a more permanent fix.
But a quick fix is simply to right click on the ADE installation file and then select "Run as administrator".
If that does not work please try changing the permissions on the account by doing the following:
- On the search bar type "File Explorer", then click on File Explorer to open it
- Click "This PC" in the left column
- Right click on the Hard Disk where Windows is installed (usually C:), then click "Properties"
- Click on the Security tab, then click the Advanced button
- Click the Change permissions button
- Select your user account, then click the Edit button
- Under the "Basic permissions" heading, make sure the checkbox for "Full control" is checked
- Then click the OK button
If that does not work there is a more technical workaround which involves creating a new folder on your desktop.
Then move the installation file in to the newly created folder.
open a new Notepad file and enter this text:
start [Installation File Name]
So for instance [Installation File Name] may be ADE_4.5_Installer (you do not need to add the ".exe")
Go to File > Save As
Change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and save the file as [Installation File Name].bat in the same folder as the installer file (so in this example it would be ADE_4.5_Installer.bat )
Run the .bat file that you have just saved and it will install the software.
If none of these solutions work for you please contact our support team. Please explain the issue you are having and that you have tried the solutions mentioned in this article.
Article is closed for comments.