The publisher may use the Digital Comps service for e-inspection copies for lecturers or e-review copies for reviewers, or they may use it for both.
Normally the publisher will have a link on their website for requesting an e-inspection copy or e-review copy. Click on the relevant link for you. Sometimes the link will be set up to automatically select the ebook you are interested in.
But as it is possible there is only one link, or the ebook is not pre-selected the following instructions will cover everything you need to do.
- Click the link on the publisher's website to visit their digital comps service
- Click the "Request Access" button
- You may be asked to state whether you are requesting an e-review or e-inspection, so click on "Request E-Review Copies" OR "Request E-Inspection Copies"
- Now select the ebook or ebooks you want to request (up to a maximum of 3). Depending on how the publisher created the link to DIgital Comps the ebook you are interested may already be selected and showing on the right hand side under "Selected Books". Publishers can also limit requests to only one ebook, but if not you can then select an additional 2 ebooks. Use the search bar to search by title, author or ISBN
- Once you've selected the ebook(s) you want click "Next Step"
- Now enter your email address and click "Check Email Address"
- If you already have a Digital Comps account you can then enter your password, then click "Next Step" where you can review your institution/publication information and update it if necessary. If you don't yet have an account you will be asked to enter this information for the first time, then click "Next Step"
- If you are requesting an e-inspection copy then the next screen will ask you to enter some course details, if you are requesting an e-review this step will be skipped
You will then be shown a confirmation screen that your request was received. Once it has been approved you will receive an email notification with a link to access your bookshelf. Some publishers have a system in place to automatically approve requests. If this is the case the confirmation screen will have a button to go straight to your bookshelf to access the ebook.