If you are an iOS or Android user we always strongly recommend downloading to our Ebook Reader app. It is much easier for us to provide support, and it avoids having to create a separate Adobe ID to authorise the software.
However if you want, or need, to download to another app for some reason you can do so, provided the app supports Adobe DRM (Digital Rights Management). Such apps include PocketBook Reader, Adobe Digital Editions, etc.
As the operating systems and apps are all different I won't cover the installation of the software, or the authorisation. But the authorisation should be very similar to authorising Adobe Digital Editions for Windows or macOS.
Once that is out of the way you can download your ebook:
- Open your web browser on your device
- Navigate to www.eBooks.com
- Press the "Sign in" link at the top of the page and sign in to your account
- Press the My eBooks link
- Press the Download button
- Now depending on your browser or your device the website may direct you to install the Ebook Reader app. Ignore this and press the text link "Download this eBook on another device"
- On the next screen ignore the prompt to install Digital Editions and simply press the "Download in ePub format" button or "Download in PDF format" button depending on your preference, or what formats are available
- Depending on your browser you may be asked to confirm you want to download the URLLink.acsm file. Press Download
If using Chrome, a bar will appear at the bottom of the screen with an Open link. Press this and it will ask you which app you wish to use. Select your app of choice.
If using Safari, once the file downloads you need to tap the download icon at the top of the screen next to the address bar.
A little box will pop up and you need to press the file name. Then on the next screen press the icon in the top right (a box with an arrow point vertically out of it) to select which app you wish to use. Select your app of choice.
If you are using a different browser the process may be slightly different, but the basic steps are the same.
If you are having technical difficulties at any point please check our troubleshooter (selecting Adobe Digital Editions as your reader software), or the ADE section of Help Centre. And of course you can contact our support team, who will be happy to help. Please do state what device you have, the browser you are using and the app you are trying to download to. Please also include the full text or screenshot of any error message you encounter.
Please do bear in mind that we are unable to provide the same level of support for third party apps as we do not have the same kind of access that we have for our own Ebook Reader app.