Not to be confused with the error message: E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12
This error message is normally received when attempting to authorise Adobe Digital Editions on a Mac computer. It happens when ADE fails to pass the keychain authentication process.
The solution is to bypass the Keychain access and add ADE to your allowed applications list. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Close ADE
- Open Utilities
- Click on "Keychain Access"
- Click on "login"
- Unlock login by clicking the padlock icon next to it (if it is not unlocked already)
- Enter the password. If you can't remember the password see this Apple support page for resetting your keychain password
- In the main window on the right hand side double click on "Digital Editions"
- Click the "Access Control" menu
- Click "Allow All Applications To Access This Item"
- Save changes
- Open ADE and retry authorising the software
If you are still having difficulty authorising ADE please contact our support team. Please quote the error message when doing so.